Leroy Somer- part of Nidec Corporation is a French company established in 1919. It is now the world specialist in industrial alternators and drives systems.
Leroy Somer alternators can be categorized into two main segments -Industrial range, Low & Medium Voltage, 4 & 6 pole, 50 & 60Hz, from 5 kW to 3.6 MW and the Customized (design to order) range, Low, Medium and High Voltage, 4 to 24 pole, 50 or 60hz, from 5 MW to 25 MW. While the Industrial range is designed for usage in gensets driven by diesel/ gas engines, the Customized range is usually used in power plants. In addition to stationary power plants, they are also used in other fields such as nuclear, marine, oil & gas, etc.
Other main products of Leroy Somer include
- DC motors from 0.18 to 750 kW used in applications requiring variable speed operation and deliver constant torque at low or high speed.
- Single-phase induction motors relay or permanent capacitor - 0.06 to 5.5 kW
- Safety induction motors for ATEX gas or dust potentially explosive atmospheres – 0.18 to 675 kW
- Safety induction motors for smoke extraction – 0.55 to 500 kW
- Three-phase induction motors for operation with frequency inverter, air cooling or liquid cooling – 0.18 to 1500 kW
- Three-phase induction motors IE1, IE2, IE3 efficiency, Aluminum or cast iron frame IP 55 or IP 23 - 0.045 to 900 kW
- Asynchronous motors with electrical or mechanical adaptation to specific applications - 0.09 up to 1000 kW
- Leroy-Somer brake induction motors from 0.06 to 160 kW
- Gearless motors
- Induction motors
- Geared motors
- Reciprocating engine generators
- Synchronous reluctance Permanent magnet motors
- Servo and geared servo motors
- Turbine generators
- Variable speed drives
- Industrial generators
General tech services is the authorized distributor for Leroy Somer motors, alternators, and spares. In addition to the fast-moving items being in stock, we also keep stock of AVR's (Automatic Voltage Regulator's) such as R230, R250, R438, R450.
To view the product range, click here